Due to a period of significant expansion Hamilton Forth’s retained client Kinnell Holding Ltd (KHL) is looking to hire an Interim Project Manager to be an integral part of the senior management team. Based in Ayrshire, the appointed individual will be extremely hands-on with responsibility for managing multiple new and on-going projects across both technology and the business.
This role will work closely with the Group CEO to ensure the project plans are aligned with other changes and activities across KHL so that delivery is as effective as possible in the context of the wider business agenda.
It is envisaged that the role will be for an initial 6 month’ period with the potential for a degree of flexible working.
- Lead and deliver operational and technology change into the organisation through the application of ‘best in class’ project and change management skills
- Own project stakeholder relationships and engage the business more broadly with project communications
- Support the business sponsor and Group CEO to translate strategic intents into clear project deliverables
- Work in collaboration with project sponsors and other stakeholders within the business to ensure clear ownership for the delivery of project outcomes
- Co-ordinate the definition and delivery of detailed business requirements through collaboration with the business, IT and other 3rd parties
- Establish and sustain an effective governance framework to ensure the appropriate level of oversight and control is in place across projects
- Take ownership for key project deliverables (such as the plan and budget) across the project lifecycle and apply appropriate methodologies to support the achievement of wider project aims and objectives
- Act as a Group ambassador for business change
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
This position requires an experienced Project Manager with proven delivery experience.
The individual will have the following attributes:
- Considerable experience, knowledge and understanding of project management within the insurance sector
- General knowledge of all (or as many as possible) functions within an insurance company
- Experience of managing both technology/IT projects and general operational/business projects
- Is a highly skilled and experienced relationship builder and influencer with proven ability to command respect of peer group, leadership team and wider stakeholders to move toward a common vision or goal
- Has proven ability of clearly articulating messages to a variety of audiences
- Has acute business acumen and understanding of organisational issues and challenges
- A willingness to roll up sleeves and help on different workstreams as and when required
- Is a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
KHL is a small company and so it is essential that the Interim Project Manager is extremely hands on. They will also be flexible in approach and adaptable to this dynamic environment and business sector.
Hamilton Forth has been retained by our client to source this vacancy. 3rd party applications or direct CV’s will be forwarded to Hamilton Forth to be included in the assessment process.