Currently, Children's Hospices Across Scotland (better known as CHAS) holds 12 sites across Scotland; two hospices open 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, four shops and six offices.
Supporting the Director of Finance and Corporate Services, the Head of IT will hold operational responsibility for establishing, maintaining and improving an integrated IT function. This includes leading the continual improvement of systems, processes and agreed measures to ensure robust, visible and transparent service improvement. Importantly, the successful individual will engage with colleagues, internal customers, users and partners to understand their needs and aspirations for service delivery and enhance the user experience.
- Accountable for building strong relationships in strategic partnership within the organisation and with relevant 3rd parties, ensuring the IT strategy remains current and aligned to deliver against organisational needs
- Moulding the IT function across CHAS to fully support the organisation, developing repeatable and measurable processes and successfully delivering change and ensuring operational stability
- Shape, design and lead the IT team to develop, deliver and support a digital environment that enables CHAS staff, volunteers, visitors, children and families to be supported and focused on delivering and receiving service
- From the IT Strategy, devise, introduce and establish a centralised digital change programme ensuring improvement is aligned to the needs of CHAS and delivers measurable business benefits
- Play an essential part in the Corporate Services management team, contributing to strategic plans and leading initiatives
Key experience/ knowledge/ skills:
- Degree level qualification in a relevant discipline, formal programme/project management qualification, e.g. Prince II, and evidence of continuing professional development
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience leading and managing people, developing IT functions and teams with a minimum of 5 years developing IT strategy
- Significant experience of programme management, managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven influencing, interpretational, negotiation, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Full driving license and access to car