Our client is seeking a Network Engineer you will be responsible for the development and on-going support of technical solutions and maintenance for any network need that may arise. The ideal candidate will be analysing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing network infrastructure and application components. It is expected that you will have and demonstrate strong switch experience (multiple Cisco models) and be able to liaise with the 3rd party suppliers when necessary. You will create reports on the health and well-being of the network, and make recommendations for improvements and security.
- Provide technical support for their own and client infrastructure.
- Provide remote and occasional on-site support to UK field base colleagues
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner
- Monitors Help Desk Network Queue and resolves open tickets within SLA
- Maintain a thorough understanding of DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, etc.
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware to resolve operational issues and restore services
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements
- Participate in regular system patching and maintenance schedules
- Sets up test environments to test new networking ideas or projects to improve existing Infrastructure
- Provide Cisco Support, utilising your CCNP accreditation, demonstrating proven experience of Cisco IPT, Switches and Routers.
- Demonstrate your proficiency on Cisco 2960, 3560, 3750, 4500 and 6500 switches.
- Good understanding of network technologies and troubleshooting.
- Abstract thinking and the ability to work independently when required
- 3+ years’ experience with Cisco Routers and Switches
- Networking and troubleshooting skills on both Windows and Mac Operating System
- Knowledge of Windows 2003/2008/2012, Active Directory, VMware vSphere 5.1/5.5, backup technologies and systems monitoring
- Experience with Network Performance Tuning, LAN Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation
- Experience with Data Centre Infrastructure environments
- 3+ years experience in a technical support role
- Demonstrate hands on Cisco Networking and troubleshooting experience
- Ability to manage multiple, often competing, priorities and tasks and follow through to completion on strict deadlines
- Friendly presence and helpful attitude; good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work overtime as needed during site build outs or major outages
- Extensive knowledge of Cisco networking fundamentals including routing, TCP/IP, DNS & DHCP
- Proven track record in supporting a 24*7 production environment
- Ability to write up support calls and maintain documents and records to a professional standard
- An adaptable and flexible approach to work and travel