The successful candidate will work closely with the Senior Leadership Team, IT colleagues and the Marketing department to design, deploy and maintain new websites and business applications. This individual will take the lead in testing and deploying each project until completion and will be encouraged to contribute new ideas, aligned to the growth strategy.
There are some advanced technologies already in use, such as the Warehouse Management system, but this role truly does offer the unique opportunity to work with a number of business systems to implement improvements through small, quick wins and longer-term, tactical plans. Accessing, capturing and understanding data insights is crucial to enhance customer experience and broader business performance so an interest in Big Data and Analytics will be highly regarded.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum three years’ software development experience
- A combination of programming skills covering web and mobile app disciplines
- Experience with PHP MVC frameworks (WordPress, Magento)
- Solid understanding of SEO best practices
- Good understanding of traffic and conversion measurements
- An understanding of source code management and exposure to Git version control
- Experience working on a website that derives its revenue through consumer traffic
- Experience developing custom applications that drive business processes
- Experience with API’s and integrating with them
- Experience with Content Management Systems, deploying themes, plugins and updates
- Knowledge of business intelligence systems such as Power BI, Google Analytics, SEM Rush
- Experience in Big Data management
This is a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a strong change culture. The ideal candidate will thrive on the technical aspects of the role but also be a business contributor with passion and drive for a collaborative, team-based approach to success.
We would welcome the opportunity to sight applicants’ portfolios and review track record, where appropriate.